Anxiety and Depression Diet - Depression Foods Cure
Anxiety and depression may be caused by bad diet
You are what you eat. Correct food is very important. What you eat determines the quality of your mind, energy, life and emotions. According to yoga there are 3 types of food that correspond to three types of energy or human nature. These are Sattvic, Rajasic and Tamasic foods.
Tamasic foods include all types of junk food, refined sugar products, processed foods, meat, alcohol, tobacco, fermented foods, vinegar or stale and overripe foods. These foods cause...
- Depression and Anxiety
- Darkness of Emotions
- Withdrawal of Energy
- Ignorance and Attachment
- Inertia and Lethargy
Rajasic foods are spicy, hot, bitter, salty, dry and sour. They also include caffeine, tobacco, chocolate, strong herbs, celery, carrots, hot chillies, onions, garlic, fish and eggs. Rajasic foods have the quality of...
- Restlessness and Overactivity
- Anxiety and Impatience
- Passion and Desire
- Anger and Greed
- Delusion and Jealousy
Satvic is the pure energy. Satvic foods include fresh fruit and vegetables, milk, grains, nuts, seeds and cereals. They have a light effect on the body and mind. They are pleasant, sweet, nourishing, pure, soft and attractive. Sattvic foods produce...
- Energy and Health
- Peace of Mind
- Serenity and Clarity
- Love and Happiness
- Lightness and Cheerfulness
- Purity and Love
Making your diet completely Satvic will put an end to your anxiety and depression
To go Satvic may strongly help cure depression and anxiety. Satvic food is full of life for the body, mind and emotions. You may...
- Drink for a while only pure tap water and lots of it, to wash out anxiety producing toxins from the body. If you drink enough water your urine should be purely diluted. It may take a few months or even years to completely wash out anxiety chemicals or toxins from the body.
- Giveup tabacco and alcohol. Temporarily you may replace tea/coffee with herbal teas or decaffeinated tea.
- Giveup junk foods and anything with refined sugar.
- Avoid foods which are packaged, tinned or processed.
- Avoid food with labels that have have E numbers, hydrogenated fats, or complicated words that you can not pronounce.
- Limit the amount of meat and spicy foods you eat.
- Start eating fresh organic fruit and vegetables that you grow yourself, or buy from a local farm.
- Anything that grows in natural sunlight and with pure water and earth in generally good. Try and have organic/fresh milk.
- My favourite breakfast food is usually muesli with milk and honey, some fruits such as strawberries, red currants, black berries, or dried fruit with some yoghurt on top. I may sprinkle on some wheat germ or hemp seeds. In the evening I have anything vegetarian with fresh organic home grown vegetables.
A balanced lifestyle is the key to health
Look at how strong and peaceful elephants, cows and horses are. Well what foods to they eat? They are all vegetarians and they all eat Satvic food. Once you have developed a refined state of health it is okay to have a chocolate bar or drink coffee once in a while. Food is also a substitute for love and food for the heart. When you get plenty daily exercise as part of your job or travel to work you do not need to worry about your weight at all or what you eat too much. A balanced diet is the key to good health.